Boneless Pork Chops in a Thyme, Mustard, Shallot SauceBy: The Proud Italian Cook, 2012
Serves 2 people
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 pork chops (or more depending on thickness)
- about 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 large TBSP grainy mustard
- fresh thyme
- 1 cup cream or half and half
- salt and pepper
1. Caramelize shallots and set aside.
2. Season your chops with salt and pepper then brown them in a drizzle of olive oil.
3. Remove chops, do the same with the mushrooms, then set aside as well.
4. De-glaze your pan with chicken stock enough to cover the bottom and let it bubble.
5. Add two heaping tablespoons of grainy mustard, some fresh thyme and a cup or so of cream or half and half, whisking until smooth.
6. Place the chops back in along with the mushrooms and simmer until meat is cooked through. Garnish with the caramelized shallots.