This a side-dish I make every few months when I want something fast to put together and guaranteed to come out tasty every time. Just monitor them to make sure your oven isn't too hot so they don't become blackened bits. Tonight, I served them with My Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breasts and steamed broccolini drizzled with lemon juice and sprinkled with salt and pepper. Here are my potato rounds:
|Baked Potato Rounds ©MyNewlywedCookingAdventures 2013|
Baked Potato Rounds
By: My Newlywed Cooking Adventures, 2013
- 1 potato or sweet potato of your choice
- 2 tbsp butter or light butter with canola oil
- 1 green onion, sliced
- salt and black pepper
- Optional: cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Slice the potato cross-wise into 1/4" rounds. Any thinner and they will burn up but any thicker and they won't crisp up.
2. Use a silpat on a small baking sheet or alternatively spray lightly with cooking spray. Put on potatoes in a single-layer.
3. Slice butter into small pieces and scatter on top of the rounds. Add the sliced green onions and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
4. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. If no browning has occurred, turn up the heat to 400ºF and bake an additional 5 minutes ensuring the potatoes aren't burning up. Use a spatula to serve on plates.