Garganelli with Peas and ProsciuttoFrom: Saveur Magazine, Issue #125
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 lb. garganelli or penne
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto, serrano, or country ham, torn into strips
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
1. Bring a 6-qt. pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1⁄4 cup pasta water.
2. Meanwhile, boil the cream in a 12" skillet over high heat until reduced by half, about 8 minutes. Add the pasta with the peas and cook, tossing occasionally, until the sauce begins to cling to the pasta, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the Parmesan, and season with salt and pepper. Add the reserved pasta water as needed to loosen the sauce. Fold in the prosciutto and mint.